On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 9:42 AM, David Winsemius <dwinsem...@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Jul 4, 2012, at 11:47 PM, Richard M. Heiberger wrote:
>
>> David,
>>
>> thank you.  it works.
>>
>> Where is it documented?
>
> The first place I find written documentation of the cmd-arrow
> functions  is in the R MacOSX FAQ:
> 12.8 Why are Quartz plots much bigger than they used to be?
> (Second paragraph)
>
> (I may have read about the stack depth in one of the postings from
> Simon in this venue. The figure of ten is a rough guess. The true
> value is somewhere  in the range of 8 to 15.)
>
>>  I want to set the depth to something much larger than 10.
>
> I have not found a place for users to change this. May be that a
> compile time change is needed. (Simon will hopefully correct me if
> this is wrong.)
>
> I tried searching MarkMail's archive with a couple of strategies, ...
> the last unsuccessful one was:
>
> http://markmail.org/search/?q=simon+urbanek+list%3Aorg.r-project.r-sig-mac+graphics+increase#query
> :simon%20urbanek%20list%3Aorg.r-project.r-sig-mac%20graphics%20increase
> +page:2+mid:ykmzj6mwesj3wywu+state:results
>
> (I don't know if that will be paste-worthy or click-worthy.)
>

>> I don't see anything about the stack on the ?quartz page
>> and there appears not to be any control option on the quartz menu
>> item on the device
>> itself.
>
> If the Quartz window is the focus, the Quartz menu options will become
> active  and even if not the focus the menu will also tell you the
> keyboard equivalents (standard Mac behavior). I think that is where I
> learned it.

When the quartz window is in focus I get (this is R compiled myself
and started from Terminal.  The same from within emacs):

On the menu bar I get headings
Edit
Quartz
Window

Edit has submenus copy and paste which are very nice if you want to
save the plot
Quartz has submenus Back and Forward bound to Apple + Left/Right arrow