On 05/03/2014 13:04, Federico Calboli wrote:
On 4 Mar 2014, at 18:41, Davor Cubranic <cubra...@stat.ubc.ca> wrote:

If you don’t care about Tcl/Tk, you could also install R without it. Just
choose “Customize” in the installer and unselect it.

isn’t there a different tcl/tk framework that one can use anyway?  I’m
referring to the active state one
(http://www.activestate.com/activetcl/downloads)

That Tcl/Tk is not a 'framework': there are frameworks you can use, but not with the CRAN distribution of R. See the R-admin manual.

BW

Davor