On 15/01/2018 6:03 PM, Manuel Spínola wrote:
Thank you very much Ben.

But I am trying to make an update, not a first time installation.  The
older sf version is running fine.

Building from source needs more from your system than installing a prebuilt binary. If you aren't willing or able to follow Ben's instructions, you'll just have to wait until Simon's binary build makes it onto CRAN.

Duncan Murdoch

Manuel

Hi,

sf (and many other spatial packages) depend upon gdal (
http://www.gdal.org/) being installed on your platform.  Your message
says it can't find the gdal-config utility, "checking for gdal-config...
no".  You can install it following these instructions...

https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/DownloadingGdalBinaries

I'm not sure about the other packages you list.

Cheers,
Ben