RcppParallel is indeed a package produced and maintained by the Rcpp
core team, but RcppParallel is now considered ORPHANED on CRAN:

https://cran.r-project.org/package=RcppParallel

This is in spite of my repeated attempts to submit updates of this
package to CRAN (as the package maintainer); submissions which were
ignored and received no response from the CRAN team. This also
includes posts I made to the R-package-devel mailing list, where I
tried to ask what I needed to do to get RcppParallel back on CRAN.
Also ignored.

Professor Ripley and the CRAN team are currently the 'de facto'
maintainers of the version of RcppParallel you see on CRAN. I guess
you can ask them if you're having trouble installing the CRAN version,
until we've sorted out CRAN maintainership of the package.

Thanks,
Kevin