Hi, Marc:  Thanks.  I got exactly the same two answers as you got. Now I need to get back with Bitdefender to figure out what to do with that information.  Spencer

On 2019-09-20 16:14, Marc Schwartz wrote:
On Sep 20, 2019, at 5:02 PM, Spencer Graves <spencer.gra...@prodsyse.com> wrote:

Hello:

       How can I find "sh" that is used by "R CMD check" on my Mac?

       I ask, my "Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac" blocks "R CMD check" with a pop up saying, "Bitdefender Safe
Files blocked a new process, sh, from accessing your protected files.  What would you like to do?"  I'm allowed to allow access
"For 5 minutes" or "For this time only" -- or I can block it forever.  I've been clicking "Allow access".

       If I knew where "sh" was on my hard drive, I might be able to add it to a
"white list" maintained by the antivirus.  Sadly, I don't know where it is.

       Thanks,
       Spencer Graves

Hi Spencer,

Typically via 'which' from a terminal:

~  which sh
/bin/sh

There is also 'whereis', but that will only check default system binary paths,
whereas 'which' will also search your $PATH.

In this case, they return the same information:

~  whereis sh
/bin/sh

It sounds like you have the "Safe Files" option in Bitdefender enabled, which
is optional, which is why the messages. I use BF also.

Regards,

Marc Schwartz