On 13/02/2021 10:42 a.m., Parkhurst, David F. wrote:
I’ve several times to figure this out with no luck.  I’ve moved a tab delimited text file
(created from excel) to the desktop to simplify the path.  If I click on the file and ask
Get Info, it lists “Where” as  iCloud Drive > Desktop.  If I copy that to the clipboard
and paste that into a read.table command in the R console, it comes up as
/Users/DFP/Desktop.  But if I try
read.table("\\Users\\DFP\\Desktop\\moabsitechem"), I get No such file or
directory.  How can I get that file into a data frame?

Is there some place in my Mac that I can put the file so I could enter just the
file name, and not the whole path?

It doesn't make sense to use backslashes in the path: macOS will see those as part of the name, not as path separators. Just use read.table("/Users/DFP/Desktop/moabsitechm") if that's the filename.

Duncan Murdoch