Hi everybody,
I am able replicate the results of independent contrasts and PGLS employing R (mapping the intercept to the phylogenetic means). I also recall comparing results of PDAP employing a star phylogeny against a regular regression in SPSS for Windows. And as far as I can tell, this applies to any phylogeny, not only ultrametric ones. So it is indeed strange that Emmanuel's code does not obtain the same values.

Cheers,
Enrico