The problem with function ace is that it is designed for univariate
data (if I understand the help file well). Moreover I would like to
take variability in branch lengths into account. So I´m looking for a
function doing weighted squared-change parsimony on multivariate data,
but perhaps it is something still to be done in R.
Anyway, thank you for your comments.
Best wishes
Ondra