I think it's a problem with the package server's calculation of mutual
dependencies. It generates the build plan

 functional-doc
 collections-doc
 collections-lib collections functional-lib

where the third step there correctly identifies three packages as
needing to be built together, because they're mutually dependent.
However, "functional-doc" and "collections-doc" should be in the same
mutually dependent set --- because "functional-doc" depends on
"functional-lib", which depends on "collections", which depends on
collections-doc".

I'll work on this as soon as I can. Meanwhile, you might have intended
for "functional-lib" to depend on "collections-lib", and it's possible
that change avoid the bug in the dependency calculation.