In `pollen` I create what are essentially compile caches and store them in
subdirectories called `pollen-cache`. When it's time to invalidate caches
for the project, I delete all the `pollen-cache` subdirectories and all the
Racket-created `compiled` subdirectories.

But it has occurred to me that I wouldn't lose anything by moving every
`pollen-cache` subdirectory into the nearby `compiled` directory.

*What is the thinking (if any) on sharing the `compiled` subdirectories?*

One point of view is that these folders should be private to the Racket
language, forever.

Another view is that if one is making a Racket-implemented DSL that keeps a
compile cache, it should live in the same `compiled` subdir (on the idea
that users are already, say, setting up `.gitignore` to ignore those
subdirs.) This would be consistent with the general orientation toward
letting Racket-implemented DSLs reuse the Racket language ecosystem. Having
multiple conventions for where to store compile caches is unnecessary.

A third view is that the `compiled` subdir should be open to all who want
to use it, but that there should be a convention of each package making a
subdirectory therein, so that the `racket` caches don't mess with `pollen`
caches and vice versa and so on (which would be more of a social convention
than technical convention)