On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 7:43 PM, Alexis King <lexi.lam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As for printing these sequences... yes, printing as #<lazy-sequence> sucks.
> Currently you can always force a sequence with sequence->list, but that's
> annoying. Clojure takes the approach of making printing lazy sequences force
> them. This is okay, but it also can be incredibly confusing when side effects
> get evaluated in the REPL but not in code.

Depending on other design decisions, it make make sense to consider
this an IDE issue. That is, maybe the best thing is to have some kind
of interactive value in the REPL that lets the user have control over
the effects. (And this doesn't just have to be via some kind of
simplistic mouse clicking -- I think there is a lot of unexplored UI
space here).

Robby