At Fri, 21 Aug 2015 12:49:50 -0700, Matthew Butterick wrote:
> I've been bumping into variants of this problem — namely, difficulty using
> special source extensions — across the Racket ecosystem.

Yes. The intent of an "info.rkt" field to add extensions (i.e., the
larger project I have in mind) is to make the whole ecosystem adapt
correctly.

> Is the underlying problem that I'm fighting the Racket gravitational field?

Yes...

> Should I just dump my file extensions and use 'rkt'?

No, not as long as you're willing to push the envelope here.

> I haven't done it yet because I've figured that others who have deployed
> DSLs with Racket have used special file extensions, and thus there must be
> an approved way of handling it.

I think no one has really tried to use other extensions, so far --- at
least not enough to run into all the problems.