Eli Barzilay wrote on 10/04/2015 03:06 AM:
The *reader* ignores uniform indentation, so when you write something like:

That's what I was remembering.  Thanks.

Right -- that was the reason for my comment: maybe there's some way to keep the source code where it is, and refer to it from the files that you generate, so no textual generation is actually needed...

I think you're right. My application is the replacement tool for McFly, and I want to eliminate the need for distributed packages to need a package dependency like on `mcfly-runtime`. So, the tool generates a normal-looking ".scrbl" file to include in the package. I think the way to do it is to use the generated normal-looking ".scrbl" file *only* for the distributed package, but have the programmer who is writing the package is having Scribble using syntax objects that have the source location info instead (though there is still some kludging, but it's reasonable).

Neil V.