Brian Adkins wrote on 02/17/2016 10:35 AM:

1) May I suggest we remove the out of date html-parsing package from the main
package catalog? Had I not had the hiccup with the catalog server, I likely
would've installed the out of date package and not realize what I'd done.

I understand, but now that the package is in the catalog, it can't really be removed without breaking expectations of users.

I think someone is going to figure out how to update it soon. They'll have to decide how to deal with the non-backward-compatible version issue, since I don't think the new package system has yet had to deal with that for third-party packages.

2) I'm not familiar with planet. What is the equivalent of "raco pkg install
html-parsing" in the planet world?

With PLaneT, version selection and installation happens automatically -- you only need that `require` line.

  Also, what is the equivalent of (require (prefix-in h: html-parsing)) for the
planet required (i.e. prefixing).

I believe `prefix-in` works, around the `(planet ...)` syntax that specifies which package.

Note that we're supposed to be moving away from PLaneT, so when we continue to use it, we are like cool renegades, and should probably be wearing leather jackets and riding motorcycles.

Neil V.