Matthew,

Question 1: A factor of 10 is on the high side, but not unusual at the
moment.

There's a pending issue of making sure that `for` loops or other things
are not needlessly instrumented, since they're only part of the
expansion instead of the original code. We haven't gotten back to that,
but I bet it would help with your program.

Question 2: No, unfortunately.

OK, got it.

Question 3: If the built-in, approximate stack trace is good enough,
you can get it with

 (continuation-mark-set->context (current-continuation-marks))

I just tried that: unfortunately, this stack trace does not seem to
be able to cross the boundary of dynamically required module.
Or, to be precise, the module that is required via
(require-input-port) -- the function that you kindly wrote for me
three years ago:
https://lists.racket-lang.org/users/archive/2013-September/059449.html

What I see in (continuation-mark-set->context (current-continuation-marks))
are just lines in the "main" Racket module, and no lines that
belong to the non-sexp module or deeper.

Actually, all I need is the line number of the non-sexp file where
the error originated from. I guess, under these circumstances, I should
try and make my own continuation marks in the parser/compiler.

Best regards,

Dmitry