On Tuesday, December 20, 2016 at 10:47:59 AM UTC+1, steve.lett777 wrote:
> I really want to learn programming but I am a slow learner. How do I know if
> I can achieve learning programming or not? Am I wasting my time trying?
>
> And after that one is answered, Which language should I learn programming in,
> Racket, Scheme, or Python?

I would recommend HtDP/2e. It is actually language-agnostic and it really
teaches invaluable programming fundamentals (whatever the languages you are
going to use) that you won't find easily anywhere else.

You could also try a great MOOC based on this book:

https://www.edx.org/xseries/how-code-systematic-program-design