In `get-file-list`  there is a filter argument that can be passed to the
function such that when going through a directory it'll only list directories
and those files in the filter (separated by a semicolon). This can get rather
unruly when the filter is rather large. At current count, I have a filter of 14
different file extensions accounting for spelling or case (e.g.
"*.jpg;*.jpeg;*.JPG;*.JPEG"). Is there a way to do this more programmatically?
I don't mean using a procedure to create the string, but that instead of a
string it'd be, say, a predicate.

In various GUI programs, the selection would be simply "All Images" or "Any"
without specifying exactly what list of file extensions it's filtering. I
suppose that behavior itself is fine, which would mean hiding the file
extensions from the filter choice and only showing the name of the filter.