> After the `killall` from tty2, did the shell you started DrRacket from have
> any output?
>
> Thanks for helping us investigate!
>
> Vincent

Unfortunately not.  After going to tty2, entering "killall drracket" and back
to tty1, the terminal was as I left it, with just the command "drracket" shown
as the previous command.  I'm happy to check logs, but I'm not sure which
ones...

It also may be a matter of a library not behaving properly: sometimes my system
(which runs on a laptop) doesn't wake up properly from a hibernation.  I should
probably check with a reboot (which I'd rather avoid if possible), or a logout
from my KDE session and a new login.

I'll do some more fiddlin'... until then it's back to Emacs and Geiser!

-Alasdair