I really think it is caused by your dpi. Maybe you are suffering from other
similar annoyances too like pixelated icons. Check with no scaling, if
things work fine, it is nothing related to DrRacket, and artifacts like
those you mention could appear on other apps too. You have still several
options, though, to get readable text without tweaking scaling. Maybe you
can investigate about updates of your graphic drivers for your OS. Another
good option is to use a lower resolution for your display.

I have recently fixed exactly the same problem on my Linux 13.3'' laptop by
doing the latter, in particular by adding a resolution of 1600x900. It
wasn't detected by default but on Linux we can create custom resolutions
with ease.