I first asked this on SO
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48729784/does-racket-offer-anything-for-implementing-a-language-with-its-own-gc-that-coul>
 and
got the advice to ask here on the mailing list. Compared to when I asked I
do know how malloc is implemented now, but since it is a pile of hacks I am
going to have to make the thing I had in mind previously. It is
disappointing. I'd hoped it would be something I could not have come up on
my own because nothing I've come up feels like a solution.

Setting that aside, would it be possible to do what I asked in the title
for a language like Spiral <https://github.com/mrakgr/The-Spiral-Language>?

Even if it were possible I am not saying I'd defect to right away - the
kind of nets I want to make for my ML library are not so complex that they
would require full GC, but I might consider it in the future when the
demands they start placing on me grow bigger and there will be new chip
architectures that would require me to break up with Cuda.

Probably I could implement GC for GPU memory on top of the language even
now, but it would be complicated and slow, so I'd rather avoid it unless it
were absolutely necessary.

Also while GC is most important to me personally, maybe Racket could offer
me other things like IDE integration for the language and the ability to
compile the prepasses into a module without me having to make my own
bytecode? I am guessing in Racket that would be something like a partial
macro expansion?