At Thu, 22 Feb 2018 19:55:17 -0800 (PST), Claes Wallin wrote:
> I have got racket-minimal 6.12 into Nix, and it builds properly on
> aarch64-linux and on x86_64-darwin (MacOS). AArch64 probably hasn't had a
> racket before (I haven't checked), and Nix/MacOS has been without a working
> racket since it was bumped to 6.10 last August (which broke it because 6.10
> needed some previously unnecessary MacOS frameworks and nobody fixed that).
>
> However, I can't get the full racket to build, because I'm getting errors
> when it's parsing a scribble file:
>
> raco setup: --- summary of errors ---
> raco setup: error: during building docs for
> <pkgs>/racket-doc/scribblings/reference/reference.scrbl
> raco setup:   examples: exception raised in example
> raco setup:     error: "bytes-convert: contract violation\n  expected:
> bytes-converter?\n  given: #f\n  argument position: 1st\n  other
> arguments...:\n   #\"ABCD\""

Maybe you already know this, but it's probably related to iconv. That
part of the documentation is trying to run an example

 (define convert (bytes-open-converter "UTF-8" "UTF-16"))
 (bytes-convert convert (bytes 65 66 67 68))

which will fail if the iconv installation doesn't recognize "UTF-8" or
"UTF-16".