>> I find the #; construct very convenient for commenting out sexps, but in Dr
>> Racket the visual cue of switching to comment-color is missing.
>>
>> Example (in Racket 6.12):
>>
>> [image: Screen Shot 2018-10-07 at 10.19.09 pm.png]
>>
>> Expected:
>>
>> *#lang racket*
>>
>> (display #|Comment|#
>>         ; comment
>>         #;(string-join "comm" "ent")
>>         "Hello world")

I have some sympathy for this view but I think that it is a misunderstanding.

I think #; is rather distinct from #| ... |# and ;;  It signals “the following
is a
code snippet that is currently not useful or not quite right but you should
read it as code and with the structure of code in mind”.  Here is a use that
illustrates this. When I write untyped code, I strictly follow the design
recipe
(because I discovered that “do as I tell you not as I do” applies here too).
For signatures, I write

 #; [ String String -> (U Number String) ]
 (define (f s t)
   (if (= (string-length t) 3) 0 s))

and such things. I want this signature to be readable as code when someone
wishes to inject types into my code.

Similar uses for code snippets abound in my repos too. — Matthias