Brian Adkins writes:

> I just did a quick test, and "kill <pid>" will stop the Racket web server,
> but not gracefully. In other words, it doesn't allow the current request to
> finish. Maybe another signal will gracefully stop it?

I personally run the server with serve[1] which runs it in a background
thread and I keep a reference to the returned stopper function and
finally do something along the lines of

    (with-handlers ([exn:break? (lambda (e) (stopper))])
      (sync/enable-break never-evt))

in my main thread.  As I understand it[2], exn:break? will be truthy for
SIGINT, SIGTERM and SIGHUP (though there are also the exn:break:hang-up?
and exn:break:terminate? predicates) on UNIX, so this should "catch" all
of those and gracefully terminate my server.

[1]:
https://docs.racket-lang.org/web-server-internal/web-server.html?q=serve#%28def._%28%28lib._web-server%2Fweb-server..rkt%29._serve%29%29
[2]: https://docs.racket-lang.org/reference/breakhandler.html?q=breaks