Are "procedure" and "function" synonymous in Racket? It seems to be implied
by the documentation <https://docs.racket-lang.org/reference/index.html>.
For example, the documentation for compose
<https://docs.racket-lang.org/reference/procedures.html#%28def._%28%28lib._racket%2Fprivate%2Flist..rkt%29._compose%29%29>
 describes
it as a *procedure* that

[r]eturns a *procedure* that composes the given *functions*...The compose
*function* allows the given *functions* to consume and produce any number
of values...

(All of the above italicization was added by me.)

I understand that procedure? is a library procedure and function? is not. I
also understand the difference between a mathematical function and a
computer procedure (which might have side effects). What I'm trying to
determine is what language to use with my students this semester. (I like
to use both "procedure" and "function" because it's sometimes useful to
have two different words, as in the above documentation excerpt.)

FYI, I posted a version of this question to Stack Overflow
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54165329/are-procedure-and-function-synonymous-in-racket>.

I got an answer but was referred here.

Thanks.

Ellen