On 01/04/2019 23:37, Robby Findler wrote:
> Generate multiples of those and combine them (shifting old ones over
> and adding new ones as the lowest digits)?
>
> I'm not sure of a good way to generate nats uniformly at random where
> you don't specify an upper bound, but Neil Toronto suggested something
> crazy we used this paper:
> http://users.cs.northwestern.edu/~robby/pubs/papers/jfp2017-nfmf.pdf

Awesome! I just skimmed the paper and the enumeration part brought
memories of a technique we developed for unbounded model checking almost
a decade ago.

Your figure 3 is not too far from our figures 4 and 5 on page 9 of:
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/225399880_A_Lazy_Unbounded_Model_Checker_for_Event-B

Also, I should point out that all this Lazy Unbounded Model Checking
research was developed in the good old PLT Scheme. :)

Should check if the thing still runs in todays Racket...

Now I should really grab a coffee and read your paper properly!

Paulo Matos

> Robby
>
> On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 4:31 PM <polarish...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> It appears that the largest number returned by the random function in Racket
>> is 4294967087-1 for a good reason. Are there any libraries or simple
>> approaches to generate a number larger than that?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Shaobo
>>
>> --

Paulo Matos