Sam Tobin-Hochstadt <sa...@cs.indiana.edu> writes:

> What do you need the hash for? Could you get the hash from the package
> system, for example:

I want to know the ("a") hash so that I can reliably reproduce outputs,
diagnose crashes, etc.

The package hash might work; thank you for pointing it out!  I'll have to
investigate how I can easily navigate from a package hash to a particular
version of the package.  (I.e., the moral equivalent of `git checkout <hash>`.)

Eric.