Thank you for replying.

I didn't mean to suggest I thought these things were already happening.
I don't.

And I'm sorry my attempt to express gratitude by saying you had every
right to decree it, sounded like I thought you actually would do it that
way. I don't.

I (mis?)understood that working groups would be to hash out technical
details -- not to set the basic direction and goals for the whole
project. I've seen that latter kind of discussion can be difficult even
in a small group. So I would understand *if* you decided to do that part
in private. OTOH if you decided to try it in public, that's great, too.

Whatever way the discussion would take place, I was suggesting some
questions to discuss. That's what I was trying to say even if I didn't
write as clearly as I hoped.