On 8/23/2019 8:39 PM, Shaobo He wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'm in need of quad-precision floating-point type/operations in Racket (the bigfloat module doesn't work for me). It appears there's none, am I right?

The only hardware I am aware of with IEEE compatible quad precision is POWER9  (Vaxen had quad precision, but not IEEE compatible).  So on most platforms any implementation necessarily will be software: either an emulation of quad or double-double.

Just out of curiosity, may I ask why bigfloat doesn't work for your purpose?  I know the range will be different between a quad and a bigfloat having the same precision, but that seems like it ought to be relatively easy to work around.

George