On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 12:28 PM Jay McCarthy <jay.mccar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'll add that I see S-expressions as obviously limited and it would be
> nice to make a more powerful syntactic extension system that does not
> say, "You can have anything you want, provided it is a parenthesis."
>
> So for me, I don't see the syntax mission as having anything to do
> with students or getting people to like me, I see it as a way to go
> beyond the limitations of S-expressions and do something more powerful
> and interesting. I think people will like us more after in as much as
> I think people like awesome things, and I want to make something
> awesome.

I think this point tends to get lost in all the existing material.
It's already in the threads listed in the relevant posts section, but
if people aren't "primed" to look for this particular point in there,
it's easy to miss.  That's one of the takeaways I get when I hear
questions about the Racket2 purpose/goals/etc.  Perhaps it's coming as
part of the leadership team's meeting, but I think it would help
reframe the syntax experiment if this was put forward more explicitly.

Benjamin Yeung