Hi Robby, thanks for your reply.

What are you using the bitmap for, exactly? Just to resize the bitmaps? Or as a
backing store for drawing into the canvas? Something else?
Both of them.

* I have more than 10K photos in 4000x3000 format that I’d like to download
from a webdav server, read exif info, and resize to 960x720 and 320x240

* I should display the thumbnails in a canvas, keeping the system as smooth as
possible while scrolling the canvas.

For the first task, if I don’t find any valid alternative, I could use some
external tool to resize the images (let’s say libvips or imagemagick) or maybe
write some ffi code to use libjpeg. I would prefer this solution over the first
one, but I don’t have any experience with ffi coding.

Thanks,

Andrea