This is very cool! One question -- for "main-distribution" packages,
are you snapshotting the most-recent release catalog? Or
pkgs.racket-lang.org? The latter is simpler, but the former is
probably needed to make the examples in the README work. Otherwise,
if, say, "typed-racket-lib" on May 1 depended on a newer-than-7.6
version of "base", using the snapshot first (or only the snapshot)
would get you a version of "typed-racket-lib" that didn't work on 7.6.
I think that if you snapshot pkgs.racket-lang.org, then just adding
the 7.6 catalog before the snapshot catalog would work the way you
want, but I haven't fully thought through everything.

Sam