Hi,

  I made a simple macro which saves me the trouble of defining a test
module, requiring RackUnit and then declaring '(module+ test' after each
procedure definition, as I like to keep unit tests close by. The repo :

https://github.com/DexterLagan/assert

  Here's the macro, apologies for the broken formatting :

(define-syntax (assert stx)
(syntax-parse stx
[(_ ?a ?b)
#'(module+ test
(require rackunit)
(check-equal? ?a ?b #'?a))]
[(_ ?a)
#'(module+ test
(require rackunit)
(check-true ?a #'?a))]))

The macro works great, and I was able to pipe through an assertion message
through rackunit's check-equal? and other procedures.
I have one question however: would there be a way to make DrRacket point to
the failed assertion line instead of the macro itself when a failure
occurs? Here's a screenshot of how it looks like at the moment:

[image: assert.PNG]

  It would be even better if DrRacket highlighted the (assert ...) line
itself, but I'm asking a bit much :) If assert is an actual module, I'm not
sure where DrRacket would then point at.
I also have doubts about whenever Racket will remove the test module once
compiled. Since macros are processed at compile-time, I'm guessing it would
remove the test module right after, but let me know if you have a more
definite answer.

Dex