Norman Gray writes:

> But what happens in this case (the my-app/error case in my example) is
> that the (server) program keeps going but the client stalls.  The
> unexpected error in the response-output procedure is caught, and (as
> far as I can see) handled by killing the producer thread _without_
> closing the connection.  To be clear, I think that the handler should
> do both.

The handler you pointed to in your other email is intended to catch
network errors and abrupt hangups from the client, but will not catch
exceptions raised by the response's output function.  For that, there
needs to be an exception handler in the chunker thread.

I've opened a PR to add such a handler here:

https://github.com/racket/web-server/pull/93