A little while ago I uploaded a package to the package index and entered a
Titlecase name for it. I've since learned that this becomes the identifier
for the package that will be used by raco from that point on (as opposed to
being used only on the package description page, as I assumed then). I'd
like to change this to be a lowercase name since (1) that corresponds to
the collection name, (2) using the lowercase name in raco, or to indicate
it as a dependency in info.rkt, currently results in the package not being
found, and (3) during local development, the package is hosted at a local
directory with a lowercase name, per UNIX convention, making local raco
interaction awkward (the info.rkt dependency needs to be titlecase on
origin, but lowercase locally).

Is there a way to change the name on the package index? "Editing" the
package and changing the name to lowercase doesn't work ("Save failed"). As
far as I can tell I should be able to delete the package and re-create it
under the lowercase name, but I'd prefer to avoid that since (1) it would
lose the package metadata and (2) it could be off the package index for up
to a day (the package index refresh cycle) during which time other packages
depending on it would be broken (I realize they may break anyway if I
change the name, but at least I'd be able to fix dependencies I control
immediately, and I'm not sure anyone else is using this package directly
anyway).

Aside from my particular conundrum, I'm wondering why package names are
case sensitive to begin with, and if it might mitigate confusion if they
were case insensitive.

Any suggestions or thoughts? Thanks,