I'm looking at profiling some code for performance and tried out the Racket
profile package but I'm not sure what the numbers mean.

Here is a very simple example:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/23988370/thorough-guide-for-profiling-racket-code

Here's a run from my actual code:
https://gitlab.com/snippets/1983422

What is Total, versus Self versus Local?   Even in the simple, single threaded,
example the percentages add up to much more than 100.  So how do they relate to
each other?   Does this mean that some items are multi-step processes which
include some of the other items?  In the multi threaded example, are some
processes concurrent and, therefore, representing simultaneous execution on
different processor cores?  In any case, the point is to be able to look at the
output and figure out where the code is taking a lot of time.  If I am guessing
correctly the numbers in the Idx column actually represent blocks of code
(s-expressions?) rather than lines of text in the code.