On 12/1/2021 1:30 PM, Nathaniel W Griswold wrote:
> On Nov 30, 2021, at 8:22 AM, Laurent <laurent.ors...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The last 10 spams have all these words in common:
> https://pastebin.com/BB0arV63
> and many more (which I won't copy here for obvious reasons). > > So you could create a dedicated spam filter that looks for *any* of (not: all of) these words.

I am gonna do this, actually, because i can see a few more words that are in pretty much
all of the ones that actually get through my barriers. Judging by the google translation,
it seems to consistently be a (very narrowly) "coherent" smear on the same
people for the same things every time, and you have included some of the proper nouns,
too, so this seems to be the way to go. I think it will get everything.

Thanks,

Nate

I've been dealing with this for well over 10 years reading various news groups.  You need to match on descriptive nouns: criminal, terrorist, etc.  Over time the names of the people and the descriptions of them will change.

If you look carefully at the Italian, you'll see the same descriptors come in multiple forms which change in use due to declension (parts of speech).  You need to match word stems rather than words:  e.g., crimi or crimin so you catch all the different forms of criminal .  Because the descriptors are nouns, you have to match them case insensitive, because they may or may not be capitalized depending on use.  The recent spam has been all caps, but that hasn't always been so.

Filtering can be done fairly easily with regex (with my NN reader has) once you figure out what to look for, but most email filter systems offer only a simple "contains" filter where you have to supply every possible capitalization (at least 3: none, all, and first).

Good Luck!
George