Before changing how the caching works, I would ask, what are the reasons
for modifying caching.  I can think of a few.

- It's annoying to have to clear page cache after every edit in order to
view your change.

The solution Dan suggests would make it possible to know exactly which
pages need their cache cleared.  However, having a "versioning" system
like BJ suggests would also help to accomplish this goal. And even
currently, you can have a dev URL to your site where none of the pages
are cached.

Also, I see no reason why we can't attach a Preview button directly to
each page edit screen.

- Apache is faster than Radiant's cache.

Well then can we make Apache serve everything?  Why not have the options
to make Radiant generate a full directory of HTML files.  A possible way
to support having select pieces of the site be dynamic is to use Apache
server side includes to make calls back to Radiant for specific pieces.

Are there any other reasons for changing Radiant's caching?