Anton,

git is a bit hard to install. It's possible something is broken in your installation. Our reasoning for moving to git is to promote participation. Branching, merging and patching are MUCH easier than Subversion. As soon as we come up with a solution for our Trac installation, Radiant will be moving fully over to git.

Sean