My experience with upgrading from 0.6.4 to 0.6.7, in case someone is
in a similar situation... I'm using several extensions: gallery
(0.7.8), scheduler (0.2), reorder (0.1 with the up/down icons in the
adminUI),  and shards (0.3).

Having read in other posts that the shards extension was integrated
into 0.6.7 and no longer needed, I removed the reference to it from
config/environment.rb and deleted the shards directory from
vendor/extensions. Installed the latest radiant gem and ran the rake
update.

The "rake radiant:update" creates a new config/environment.rb file. I
updated it to put the RADIANT_GEM_VERSION constant back in and set it
to "0.6.7".

The "rake production db:migrate" failed with an error related to the
reorder extension. Deleted the reorder directory from
vendor/extensions and the migration ran without any errors. Gallery
and scheduler extension did not cause any problems. Running 0.6.7,
everything looking good (except pages are all out of order, of
course).

There are a couple of other extensions similar to reorder that I
wanted to try, copy-move and a drag-n-drop reorder. Grabbed the
copy-move from git, but its rake install failed because it needs the
shards extension. Same thing with the drag-n-drop reorder. So,
installed shards, updated the config/environment.rb file accordingly
and the copy-move and a drag-n-drop reorder extensions installed
without any problems. Tried removing the shards extension to see if it
was still needed, but the webserver choked with a 505 error; put it
back in and all seems to be okay.

Hope this is helpful to someone.

PS. copy-move and the drag-n-drop reorder extensions are great! Thanks.

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 5:44 PM, john muhl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> UPGRADING FROM 0.6.x
>>
>> 1. Update the Radiant gem:
>>
>>  % gem update radiant
>>
>> 2. Change the RADIANT_GEM_VERSION constant in config/environment.rb
>>  to "0.6.7".
>>
>> 3. Run the update rake task:
>>
>>  % rake radiant:update
>>
>> 4. Run migrations:
>>
>>  % rake db:migrate
>>
>> 5. Restart the server
>

> Should an existing shards extension be removed before upgrading? Is removing
> the shards edit from environment.rb and the shards folder from
> vendor/extensions the proper way to uninstall the extension version?
>
> thanks.

marshal