Danny,

Are you using my new Styles 'n Scripts extension. If so, I'm quite sure it isn't doing anything to accommodate a different root than plain old '/' and will happily break things for you.

I would be happy to change this (for your need, to play nice with the multi_site extension, etc).

Sean (or anyone), is there a preferred way to do this so that I honor some Radiant::Config (or some such setting)?

-Chris

Sean Cribbs wrote:
The relative path issue was resolved as best we could in 0.6.5, that is, links in the admin UI will be generated correctly and links and URLs generated from the standard Radius tags will be correct. Are there links otherwise that aren't working for you?

Sean

danny q. wrote:
I always seem to figure these things out /after/ I post a big long
question to the public.  But I did manage to fix it, and I'll write how
for future reference.

I'd noticed that there are a lot of problems when running on a
subdirectory (e.g. http://somesite.com/radiantroot/).  Setting
DocumentRoot in .htaccess partially addresses this, but still leads to
quite a few 404s, especially in generated links to stylesheets and
scripts, and the mailer.  This is because radiant or extensions will
generate links to, for example, http://somesite.com/css/stylesheet.css
when they should be linking to
http://somesite.com/radiantroot/css/stylesheet.css.

I have a partial solution that uses a few .htaccess lines.  You drop the
following in an .htaccess directory above the radiant root (the
public_html for somesite.com/):

RewriteEngine on
# if the link originates from the radiant directory,
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} ^.*somesite\.com.*
# rewrite the request, put a '/radiantroot/' before it
RewriteRule (.*)$ http://somesite.com/radiantroot/$1

You can generalize or specify this to taste, but the above code is what
worked for me.  It probably isn't recommended for public deployment, but
will work for testing on a subdirectory of a root domain.  Anyone who
has referers turned off (a feature when 'private browsing' is turned on)
will still not catch the links properly.  Also, make sure the .htaccess
has permissions set to 755.

If anyone thinks this is worth it, maybe we could drop this hint in the
wiki somewhere, or some other documentation.

thanks,
--danny

danny q. wrote:
Hi Radiant list,

I've been getting ready to migrate my current site to radiant, been
running tests on a subdomain.  The last step before I switch over is to
get a mailer contact form up and running, and I just can't seem to do it.

I know that there've been a lot of updates in the past few weeks, and I
think I can list my known unknowns as follows:

1.  Which mailer extension should I use for 0.6.7?  There's the svn
listed in the radiantcms.org wiki, and there's another one in github. Are either compatible and working with the current radiant? I've tried
both with no luck.

2.  Assuming one of them is compatible, can anyone give me some updates
to the documentation?  I suspect the non-workingness may be more of a
pebkac phenomenon, but I've spent a good amount of time hacking around,
and can hardly even get a worthwhile error message (even though I
enabled them in environment.rb).

3.  What changes should I have to make to get this working in a
subdirectory of the URL root. The radiant root url is on something like http://mysite.com/testing/, which has caused me a little trouble before,
and might be the source of all my problems here.  Is there a site root
variable I should change or define, or perhaps an .htaccess line I
should drop somewhere?

I'd really appreciate some pointers on this. I've been really impressed
with the community involvement and active development around here, and
it's a big part of why I'm switching to Radiant.

Thanks,
--danny