Jonathan McCoy wrote:
> In parallel, it would be nice to add another basic user-level of
> "Designer", for managing Snippets - in the absence of SCM/file support
> for layouts/partials.
>
> In keeping designs and code DRY, we find ourselves using snippets to
> contain more than user-editable content, and use them heavily for
> fragments of design logic. As such, we want to keep day-to-day users far
> away from anything that can cause damage to the site.
>
> Standard (Pages) -> Designer (+ Snippets) -> Administrator (+ Layouts,
> Users, etc)
>
> Does the Developer flag do anything in production mode?
>
> Thanks,
> Jon.

I've monkey-patched a frozen version of Radiant (0.6.7) with some of the
functionality I lusted for above. No testing or a "designer" flag (just
put snippets on the Admin/Dev level). I'd be more inclined to assemble
patches and tests (to the spec above) if anybody else was interested in
it being pushed into the trunk?

Would be nice to review the user levels available - or if we're all
feeling code-happy, granular access control. I can foresee the need for
the following roles at least:

1. Content Monkey (pages + preferences)
2. Designer (+ layouts + snippets)
3. Developer (+ extensions)
4. Administrator (+ user management)

In hindsight to my previous post, I'd keep the developer flag for the
benefit of extensions/plugins that need technical setup. Another
question, is whether flags are more desirable than a user-level number
(ie 1 to 4) or even a class-name, which can be mapped out to a role
name. A popup list with userlevels can be used instead. It removes the
uncertainty of having admin flagged, but developer unflagged -> what
rights does the user have?!

I am having trouble finding where the user-level is set for the tab
display - I've traced back through all the libraries, but can't seem to
find (or rather see) where snippets (or rather other admin/dev tabs) are
set...

Cheers,
Jon.