Hi All,

I‘d like the ability to generate thumbnails of images automatically, for example to create thumbnails for a list view of photo articles. Maybe something like a tag to call the image where I can specify attributes for:
* resize longest image dimension to x pixels
* resizes to whole pixels on both dimensions
* crop to square
* ability to set class based on landscape or portrait
* ability to populate img tag’s width and height
* generates a thumbnail with either .thumb.jpg or .80x80.jpg (or whatever the format is) suffix
* doesn’t make thumbnails that look like ass

Does anything out there do this? If not is anyone interested in writing an extension (or adding this functionality to an existing extension) to do this? I’ve heard that fleximage is apparently pretty nice, but what do I know eh.

Thanks for your time

peace - oli