Just so that it's on the record for the next time that somebody has a
similar problem. I found the answer to the "wrong number of arguments (1
for 2)" happening on the database_form extension. The redirect needs to
have the status code "302" added to it.

This:
if save_form and redirect_to
  response.redirect(redirect_to)
else
  super(request, response)
end

Becomes this:
if save_form and redirect_to
response.redirect(redirect_to, "302")
else
super(request, response)
end

In tracking down this problem I found that Joel Williams had forked the
database_form extension and he had solved the problem I was running
into. As his fork includes some other added functionality, I have
switched to it instead of the original extension from Zapnap (Nick
Plante).

Back to your regularly scheduled program...

~Nate