What about the past try to pluginize radiant? I saw some old posts about
mini_radiant plugin, RadiantOnRails and others, but they all seems to be
died actually. Should be great to get a light radiant plugin or engine
for classic rails, to add on complex preexisting backend rails
application. I rally would like to be able to produce new layouts,
sneppets and pages to that complex backend the same way I'm actually
doing with Radiant (hoping that should speed up refactoring and
maintenance).

The share_layouts tradeoff is now clear to me and seems very powerful
and promising for new dinamic extension which is projected from scratch,
but in my case I really would need to integrate an OpenID server to the
CMS (masquerade).

I've a successful try with Comatose, but Radiant is clean, easy and
powerful and two things really turn me on about that:  extensions and
layout management.

I also tryed to port masquerade into radiant extension, but until now,
without any success.

Do you think could it be of some interest to anyone porting an identity
server to a Radiant extension
(http://github.com/dbloete/masquerade/tree/master)?

In case, I'll share my steps and see if someone get some ideas to pass
on my first failures.

thz
lgs