Hi Vincent,

I've done with Javascript reading login information from a cookie like this:
http://pastie.org/260306

Cheers,
Casper

(Cookie is a util object, btw, it's not built into javascript)

On 26/08/2008, at 18:46, Christopher Dwan wrote:

Hi Vincent,

I ran into this just the other day myself and I've done some digging. In theory you could override a method in SiteController and use it to pass the current user to @page after find_page() happens.. You would have to disable the cache in that case and make sure the page is rendered for each user.

Or, you can use javascript to grab the user info from the controller. As for tags, you can create a tag that can output the necessary javascript. Then the problem is how to make it degrade gracefully...

Personally, I don't want to disable the cache... but that will mean that I won't be able to display the logged-in status for people without javascript.

-C