Vincent,

You have to get SiteController to pass the info into your model, that's the only way to get the data into a tag AFAIK. So you have to write an extension for SiteController that adds the function of passing the current_user's info into your model (e.g. pass in the user_id). Then you have to either add the ability to receive the current_user info into Page or into another type of Page like a UserAuthPage...

Basically I mean something like this... (this code is just for illustrative purposes and not necessarily the best way to accomplish this... )

http://pastie.org/261093

-C