[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I have been scouring the net for some info on Beast, the only forum
app/plugin/whatever that I know of that written with rails, and I cannot
get beast.caboo.se to load to find out more info. After some searching I
found out somebody had turned it into a plugin, called Savage Beast 2,
that uses the new engines plugin. Having played with engines once
before, I am not keen to mess with it again and need to find
alternatives.

Is there a forum extension for Radiant? What has anyone else used for
running a forum along side a radiant app? I am tempted to just set up an
instance of phpbb on a subdomain and be done with it unless someone has
a better suggestion. I am all ears.

Hi Nate

The standard suggestions are Beast, RForum, El Dorado, Forulio and PunBB. I haven't used any, but would be very keen to know more because I want to do exactly the same. The only requirement that I would like to satisfy is a shared user model (doesn't need to be the same model as the Radiant developer/ admin though).

This is from the Rails list:
Altered Beast is a Rails 2.x rewrite of Beast:
http://github.com/courtenay/altered_beast/tree/master

Cheers,
Mohit.
9/3/2008 | 3:11 AM.