On Sep 11, 2008, at 11:47 AM, Ben Morrow wrote:

Jim Gay wrote:
It looks like you are running from the source, rather than from the
gem (or vendor). Is there a reason for that?

When I read the Dreamhost Tutorial, Casper Fabricius suggested running
from the source because "gems can be troublesome to manage on
Dreamhost". However, I don't think that's an issue anymore.

Try running it from vendor instead.

You can create an instance of radiant with
'radiant my_site'
'cd my_site'
'rake radiant:freeze:gems'

That will make a copy of the radiant source in my_site/vendor/radiant
And just incase you are wondering, Rails is bundled in my_site/vendor/ radiant/vendor/rails

That would allow you to 'unfreeze' later, or even do 'radiant:freeze:edge' to get new features that haven't made it into an official release yet.