On 22-Sep-08, at 1:46 PM, Sean Cribbs wrote:

Jason Garber wrote:
If you have a Radiant instance running off the 0.6.9 gems, how can you
disable the markdown extension?  I don't want my users to have the
option of using Markdown or SmartyPants text filters.  It used to be
that you could deactivate the extension in the admin UI, but that
appears to be gone in this version.

If the answer is, "you can't disable it," would you be open to me
writing a patch that moves the markdown and textile extensions from the
gem into the instance and prompts the user for which text filters he
wants to install when he creates an instance with the radiant command?
Or, no prompt; just delete the ones you don't want.

The answer is to remove it from the list of extensions in environment.rb, which by default is [:all]. So if you only wanted archive and textile_filter, you'd put:

config.extensions = [:archive, :textile_filter]

It seems to me that it is reasonable to want to say "enable all extensions except these four". With this approach, you have to edit the environment.rb each time.

On that note. Does anyone know, can Ray disable/enable/uninstall extensions that it didn't install (say they came with the install or were installed from svn)? If so, then the easier solution would be:

rake ray:dis name=markdown_filter

Personally I like using rake for this sort of thing: rake ray:ext name="foo" feels more right than script/extension install foo.

Sean