On Oct 15, 2008, at 24:41 , Nate Turnage wrote:

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 4:37 PM, Simon Rönnqvist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi!

Why would you want to use Passenger in your development environment? Isn't mongrel (or maybe even webrick) the most appropriate for that? Then you
don't need to have apache running either.

On the one hand I want to start playing with it before I start depending on it for my production sites, on the other, I can run multiple development sites at once. I normally work on 2 or 3 sites each day and I am always forgetting to stop mongrel then go to the new site then start it up again, rinse, repeat. I was talking with somebody at a REST training session and he
swore by the Passenger setup, so I figured I'd give it a try.

~Nate

You can have several instances of mongrel running in parallel, you just need to have them using different ports. Your other reasons for using it may be valid though, I don't know.